Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not Mac n' Cheese Comfort Pasta


Have you ever had a day where nothing went totally wrong but you're exhausted and need a little bit of comfort? I had one of those days. I put in ten hours at work with a mountain still ahead of me. I came home to make cookies and I forgot the butter. My husband's gone all night at Law Review. Yep. I needed a little bit of a pity party. That's when I pull out this recipe. I love it because I always have all the ingredients and I don't have to measure anything. Now you know that's my kind of recipe! :) I hope that this pasta can pick you up for one of your pity party evenings.

Ingredients

pasta
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
basil
oregano
pepper
salt
mozzarella cheese
tomato

Method

I boil the water and add the pasta olive oil and salt. I usually use rotinini but I had radiatore on hand that I thought would be fun. I mix together all the other ingredients "to taste". I really like balsamic, so I go a little heavy on that and salt (salt brings out the flavor). You don't have to put tomatoes in, but I happened to have one that wouldn't be eaten if I didn't use it. It's not quite as pretty when I don't use fresh basil, but comfort isn't about the looks anyway, right? Then you mix everything together. My favorite part - left overs! I love when the tomatoes and cheese melt together. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment