Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pumpkin Roll


This recipe has never failed me. Not even once.

Now I know that is a big assertion for the beginning of a post, but I've seriously never had anyone not like it. Even when they say they don't like pumpkin or cream cheese filling (believe it or not, there are people out there like that). And who wouldn't be impressed with how it looks? Trust me, it's a lot easier that you think.

This is another Mrs. Lindner recipe. I've never gotten a bad one from her. She's pretty solid at this baking business. :)

I make two of these for Thanksgiving this year. We had a ridiculous amount of dessert this year. My mom makes a pretzel, strawberry, cream cheese dish that is really a dessert, but we eat it during the main meal. Then my aunt brought four pies, another aunt brought another pie, and I brought these two pumpkin rolls.

Once you try this, I know that it will be a staple in your dessert repertoire as well.

Ingredients

Cake:

3 eggs
2/3 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour

Filling:

2 tbsp butter
1 - 8oz. package cream cheese
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup confectioners sugar

Method

Mix all of the cake ingredients together (easy enough, huh?) Grease a cookie sheet, put wax paper on it, and grease the top of the wax paper (trust me on this step, it will save you a lot of heartache later). Pour the cake into the pan and bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes until the cake springs back and it golden brown (my oven is crazy so I only baked it for 10-12 minutes).


When the cake is out, immediately flip it over onto a terry cloth that is covered in sugar.


Then roll it up. Literally.


Let it cool. While it cools, put together the filling.

Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add the vanilla and confectioners sugar. Beat until creamy.



Once the cake is completely cool, unroll it and and spread the filling over it. Roll up again, but this time without the towel. There you go.


I like to sprinkle some sugar on top, but honestly it soaks up once you put it in the fridge.


Share this with your family and no one will be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment