Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grams' Brownies, with a Twist


I got home, make dinner with Mike, and decided I just had to satisfy the little bit of a sweet tooth I had. For once there was no chocolate in readily available and edible amounts, so I decided to make my Grams' brownies. I always have all the ingredients on hand, and they're really quick to through together. This time I played with it a little because I found a heath bar and raspberry creme chocolate bits that I decided to throw in. I didn't have enough of either to make something else, so I figured why not through them in some brownies?

These brownies are soooo fudgeyn gooey, delicious, you'll want to eat them with a spoon right away (I might have done that a bit). They will harden up after they set for awhile, but sometimes it's so hard to wait that long!

Ingredients

1 stick of butter
2 squares of semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour

Method

Melt together the butter and chocolate on medium low heat. Gradually add in the sugar and remove from heat. Add one egg at a time beating it immediately (if you don't and the mixture is too hot, you could get scrambled eggs which is not a great addition to brownies). Then add the vanilla (again, don't add it on the heat because the vanilla can cook out) and the flour.


I then added the extra business of chocolate love.


Bake at 350F for 18-25 minutes (again, I have to take into account my crazy oven).

I really love these brownies. I actually liked the heath and raspberry business, too. It added a nice surprise to the bite. I won't do it all the time, and we'll have to see what Mike thinks, but this is on experiment that I think went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment