Friday, December 4, 2009

Skillet Tostadas


Quick? Check. Easy? Check? Good? Check.

This is not the most amazing meal I have ever cooked. But if you are looking for a quick and extremely easy meal that is great left over, this one's for you. We made this on Monday and it's lasted us until now. The dish also nice to prepare together. Easy to manuever around a small kitchen together.

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cans black beans
2 cans condensed nacho cheese soup
1 cup bottled salsa
totada shells
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
sour cream

Method

Using a large (emphasis on large) skillet, cook the beef and onion until the meat is brown and the onion is tender. At this point you should drain the fat, but I never do. Mostly because I use my dad's grass fed beef raised on our farm which is lean and doesn't have the fat. Stir in beans soup and salsa. Let it simmer a bit (that's as technical as I've got for you).


Heat up your tostadas. Mike and I tried these:


We're trying to be a little more healthy where we can, and these have 7 grams of fiber per tostada and only 50 calories compared to the usually 100+. I think they are great when used like in this recipe: as merely a vehicle for the meat and bean mixture. If you want a dish that focuses more on the tortilla, I would go for the more authentic flour ones.

Pile up the tostada and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment